There are several reasons why highly sensitive people in particular can benefit from walking in nature:
1. The chance to go somewhere quiet, like the woods or a river walk, provides the reprieve from the noise that taxes our sensitive nerves.
2. When we spend time alone, we are rewarded with the peace of only our own thoughts for company. Most HSPs are introverts, which means that we gain energy from being alone and so constantly spending time with other people, no matter how much we like them, can quickly drain our reserves and leave us feeling rattled and edgy. Solitude is not selfish, it is a necessity, as much as food and water. It is something we need on a regular basis.
3. Natural elements like plants, trees, water and sunlight have been said to absorb negative energy. Perhaps we feel calmer around them simply because they are part of the living world and so we feel connected to them, and yet they do not make any demands on us except to appreciate them. Take a walk in a quiet forest or a country path, notice the beauty all around you and feel the tension and stress evaporate.
4. Walking provides a significant benefit because it helps to relieve stress. Brisk walking boosts endorphins, the feel-good hormones that improve your mood and lower stress and mild depression. Walking gives you more energy, which also improves your positive feelings.
5. According to recent research, walking through green spaces can put the brain into a meditative state, allowing you to pay attention to the world around you, while creating the calmness needed for reflection. It’s in this calm, quiet reflective state where our creativity can flourish.
Both sensitivity and creativity blossom best when we give ourselves the time to walk in the natural world, as Ivor Gurney discovered too late. And while countryside walks cannot cure mental illness, the combination of exercise, solitude, quiet and the beauty of the natural world can be incredibly calming and restorative. For highly sensitive people, it is essential to our health, well-being and happiness.
Canton Ma. 02021 Rte 138.... 530 Turnpike St.(Landmark Only)
200/300 Gratuity For My Time
A combination of freeing the mind, surrendering the soul, and nourishing touch allows for a total harmonious balance as one whole.
No Matter Where You May Find This Posting...I Post Where I Can For The Exposure
No Matter Where You See This Listing, My Time And Service Remain Professional And Consistent.
The Service Offered Is Always Listed In The Body Rub Section Because That Is The Time I Offer.
Do Not Base Your Expectations Of My Service From The Add Above Mine Or The Posting Beneath Mine.
Each Person Offers Their Time On Their Individual Skill Set And Comfort Level.
I Invite You To Get Familiar With The Comforts Of My Skill Set On Each Level.
I Ask That You Arrive, Relax And Receive
Allowing My Flow Of Energy To Connect With Your Soul, So That Together We May Create An Aura Of Complete Relaxation .
Quiet / Clean / Safe / Parking / Stairs To Climb / Shower / Massage Table
200/300 Gratuity For My Time